Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Issues > Archive > Mdaemon performance

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Issues  / Archive  /

Mdaemon performance

[Palmer, Clive]
Clive Palmer

Outlook Connector
SecurityPlus
WebAdmin
Clive Palmer - 08:48am, Oct 2 2020

We do a weekly mailing through Constant Contact and will get approximately 800 to 900 Auto Response emails coming to us after this mailing.
When this happens our Inbound queue will have all these emails which will cause our users outgoing emails, including mail sent to local users to be delayed for up to 2 hrs.
I tried looking at various filtering options including custom queues as well mail priority but nothing in Mdaemon will allow the Inbound queue to process mail more quickly.

Are there other settings or options that I should be considering in order to process new incoming or outgoing mail faster?

Arron Caruth - Oct 2, 2020 9:15 am (#1 Total: 8)

On the proper hardware, MDaemon should be processing 800-900 messages out of the inbound queue in minutes, not hours.

What version of MDaemon are you running?

What OS is MDaemon running on?

What are the hardware specs for the machine?

What type of drives is MDaemon storing the data on?

Is everything on the machine running off of a single drive?

Are you using RAID, if so which one?

Can you post a snippet of the routing log so we can get an idea of what

the processing looks like?

Run performance monitor and track the disk queue read, write, and

average lengths for the drive the inbound queue is stored on, what is

the average disk queue length for each?

We do a weekly mailing through Constant Contact and will get approximately 800 to 900 Auto Response emails coming to us after this mailing.
When this happens our Inbound queue will have all these emails which will cause our users outgoing emails, including mail sent to local users to be delayed for up to 2 hrs.
I tried looking at various filtering options including custom queues as well mail priority but nothing in Mdaemon will allow the Inbound queue to process mail more quickly.

Are there other settings or options that I should be considering in order to process new incoming or outgoing mail faster?

View/reply at Mdaemon performance

This list is for questions and discussions regarding issues with MDAEMON.
md-issues-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .