Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Issues > Archive > Mdaemon performance

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Issues  / Archive  /

Mdaemon performance

[Palmer, Clive]
Clive Palmer

Outlook Connector
SecurityPlus
WebAdmin
Clive Palmer - 08:48am, Oct 2 2020

We do a weekly mailing through Constant Contact and will get approximately 800 to 900 Auto Response emails coming to us after this mailing.
When this happens our Inbound queue will have all these emails which will cause our users outgoing emails, including mail sent to local users to be delayed for up to 2 hrs.
I tried looking at various filtering options including custom queues as well mail priority but nothing in Mdaemon will allow the Inbound queue to process mail more quickly.

Are there other settings or options that I should be considering in order to process new incoming or outgoing mail faster?

  (older msg: 4)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Arron Caruth - Oct 5, 2020 7:27 am (#5 Total: 8)

In order to know if the disk is the bottleneck we to be able to gather data while the issue is occurring.

Can you set up the system to gather data when the weekly mailing is sent?

Or if you prefer you may be able to replicate the behavior by sending thousands of messages to a test account in MDaemon?  Or perhaps you can freeze the inbound queue, send a single message and then use MDSTATs to duplicate the message until you have  a couple thousands messages and then unfreeze the queue.