Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > Where are stored the contacts of Firefox/Chrome integrated IM?

Where are stored the contacts of Firefox/Chrome integrated IM?

[vitale, fabio]
fabio vitale
fabio vitale - 10:35am, Apr 29 2021

I have enabled the XMPP service in MDaemon and In firefox/chrome I have enabled the integrated IM.

Now I can see a list of IM contacts on the right pane of my WorldClient session in chrome/firefox.

Where are stored the contacts of Firefox/Chrome integrated IM? So I can Add, Delete, Modify them?

Clicking the three dot button of a given contact in the IM right pane I am presented with a mini menu (Rename contact, Show Info, Delete contact). If I click Rename contact nothing happens.

Another question. How can I join a permanent chat room that I have created in MDaemon config session?

--
Fabio Vitale

Envisioning s.r.l.
Via Asmara 72
00199 Roma
Tel. 06-8638.5070 - 06-8631.5304
mailto:fabio.vitale@envisioning.it

  (older msg: 6)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

fabio vitale (apparently) - May 1, 2021 4:00 am (#7 Total: 7)

fabio vitale
Thank you Mouk!

Il 30 aprile 2021 22:21:10 CEST, "Mouk Siharath (moukda.siharath@mdaemon.com)" <moukda.siharath@mdaemon.com> ha scritto:

ATTENZIONE: Questa email è originata all’esterno di Envisioning. Non cliccare sui collegamenti né aprire gli allegati se non riconosci il mittente e sai che il contenuto è sicuro.

I have some trouble with contacts: contact stored in MDaemon\XMPPServer\xmppdb.db show also contacts that aer no longer in that userlist.dat file.

There is a bug that is not removing users from the database but it should not affect anything because the XMPP Server checks to see if the user is allowed to use IM and also verifies that the user exists in MDaemon before allowing to authenticate/log in.

Also some contacts are missing from xmppdb.db but present in userlist.dat.

IM may not be enabled for certain accounts and they wouldn't be in the database.

How can I syncronize xmppdb.db to reflect the complete list of contacts?

The list of users in the database does not mean they will be in your contact list.  You have to add users to your contact list.  If you are wanting to add all the users in your domain to your contact list you have to add it manually with MDIM app.

Last but not least, how can I prevent users from deleting contact?

Right now there isn't a way to prevent users from removing contacts from their contact list.

And How can I re-add a contact that has been accidentally deleted?

You can re-add the user to your contact list through MDIM app.

--
Mouk Siharath
Senior Software Developer

From: "fabio.vitale@envisioning.it (Fabio VITALE)" <fabio.vitale@envisioning.it>
To: md-support@mdaemon.com
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 11:16:55 +0200
Subject: [md-support] Where are stored the contacts of Firefox/Chrome integrated IM?

Hi Jonathan, I have upgraded MDaemon to the last beta and now everything is ok.

From: "Fabio VITALE (fabio.vitale@envisioning.it)" <fabio.vitale@envisioning.it>
To: md-support@mdaemon.com
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 18:51:59 +0200

ATTENZIONE: Questa email è originata all’esterno di Envisioning. Non cliccare sui collegamenti né aprire gli allegati se non riconosci il mittente e sai che il contenuto è sicuro.

Thank you Jonathan!
Tomorrow morning I will upgrade my version to the latest beta.

I will give with a feedback on this matter

From: "Jonathan Ehman (jonathan.ehman@mdaemon.com)" <jonathan.ehman@mdaemon.com>
To: md-support@mdaemon.com
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 11:38:58 -0500

ATTENZIONE: Questa email è originata all’esterno di Envisioning. Non cliccare sui collegamenti né aprire gli allegati se non riconosci il mittente e sai che il contenuto è sicuro.

Hi Fabio,

There's a bug in 21.0.2b with the XMPP client. The fix for it is in 21.0.2c

After you install beta c, things should appear as I described them. Please let us know if you still have issues after updating to beta c.

Best Regards,

Jonathan Ehman
Senior Software Developer
b: 817-601-3222    e: jonathan.ehman@mdaemon.com

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 18:30:06 +0200, "fabio.vitale@envisioning.it (Fabio VITALE)" <fabio.vitale@envisioning.it> wrote:
> If I click Rename contact nothing happens.
When I click rename contact, the name of the contact changes from text only to a text input field where you can change the name (as opposed to a popup dialog).
I have clicked rename contact but still nothing happens: the contact does not change from text only to a text input field
> How can I join a permanent chat room that I have created in MDaemon config session?
When you click the hamburger menu button at the bottom of the roster a menu will appear. Click on the Join Chat option. Assuming you've added permanent rooms in the Web & IM Services - XMPP dialog, you can join permanent rooms from there.
I cannot see the hamburger menu button at the bottom of the roster

I am on MDaemon 21.0.2b 64 bit English using WorldClient with English interface, tried using both firefox and chrome with LookOut and WorldClient themes.

I am short on ideas of what can cause such behaviour

From: "Jonathan Ehman (jonathan.ehman@mdaemon.com)" <jonathan.ehman@mdaemon.com>
To: md-support@mdaemon.com
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 11:01:48 -0500

ATTENZIONE: Questa email è originata all’esterno di Envisioning. Non cliccare sui collegamenti né aprire gli allegati se non riconosci il mittente e sai che il contenuto è sicuro.

Hi Fabio,

The contacts are synced from the userlist.dat file and stored in MDaemon\XMPPServer\xmppdb.db. We do not have a utility for editing the contacts.