Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Configuration > Public Folders "freeze"

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Configuration  /

Public Folders "freeze"

[Devecerski, Aleksandar]
Aleksandar Deve…
Aleksandar Devecerski - 08:24am, May 9 2022

Hello everyone

We keep mailboxes of (some of the) users who left the company as a Public Folders.
Problem is, as time passes, messages start to "disappear" from these folders, not by user deletion, but because of the system maintenance. So, we would need to copy what we need from ex-users mail folder(s) and "freeze" it that way.
I know I've stumbled upon some (not really user friendly) way to do this couple of years ago, but cannot seem to find it anywhere now.
Something like, exclude certain folders from daily maintenance or something like that.
Can someone please point me to this or, even better, suggest proper way to do this.

Regards

  (older msg: 3)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Aleksandar Devecerski - May 9, 2022 4:11 pm (#4 Total: 6)

Photo of Author
Aleksandar Deve…
No
(Selected) Messages/folder structure are copied from original ex-users
mailbox to Public folder.
Ex-users coworkers have lrs access rights, admin has all.

On 09.05.2022. 22:32, Arron Caruth wrote:
> Is there a user account configured with the mailbox directory pointing
> to the path of the public folders?
>

> --
> *Arron Caruth*
> Vice President of Product Development
> *o*: 817-601-3222 *e*: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com
>
> *M*Daemon Technologies
> Simple Secure Email
>
> Visit us on www.mdaemon.com <http://www.mdaemon.com> | Facebook
> <https://www.facebook.com/MDaemon.Technologies/> | LinkedIn
> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/mdaemon-technologies> | YouTube
> <https://www.youtube.com/c/MDaemonTechnologies>
> Sent using the MDaemon Email Server <http://www.mdaemon.com/>

Arron Caruth - May 9, 2022 4:40 pm (#5 Total: 6)

In MDaemon under Setup / Server Settings / Pruning, do you have it configured to prune public folders?

If you do, can you turn it off?  Or are there some public folders you want pruned?