Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Is possible create an address just for receive but not send?

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Support  /

Is possible create an address just for receive but not send?

[Seibei, Tasagore]
Tasagore Seibei
Tasagore Seibei - 02:48am, Aug 17 2022

Hi

I know that I can configure an account to send only to selected domains but if I use that account and put some address in CC or CCO, Mdaemon sends that message no matter the domain, is there any way to lock the credential so it can only be used to receive but not send?

Example for account test@test.com configured just for internal use:

1) TO: test2@test.com -)works fine because is same domain and the message can be routed
2) TO: test2@gmail.com -)works fine because is outside domain and the message is not routed
3) TO: test2@test.com, CC:test2@gmail.com -) both copies are sent, wrong behavior since the CC one is for an external domain.

Basically I need an address for receive messages (with CC) but I don't want send it outside because I need to process it with a special app.

Is that possible?

  (older msg: 6)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Arron Caruth - Aug 22, 2022 11:51 am (#7 Total: 8)

Yes, based on my testing, you will need to use a content filter rule to achieve the desired behavior.

VP of Product Development

On Mon, 22 Aug 2022 11:47:59 -0500, "lists-md-support@mdaemon.com (Tasagore Seibei)" <lists-md-support@mdaemon.com> wrote:
Hi, I've taken a look but I can't choose if I want to check the TO header or the X-Mdaemon-Deliver-To header.

I'm configuring the Restrictions section under an account and there I can only choose if I want restrict messages FROM outside or restrict messages TO outside domains.

I guess you're talking about content rule, right?

View/reply at Is possible create an address just for receive but not send?

Steve Gan via md-support - Aug 23, 2022 8:58 pm (#8 Total: 8)

Hi

If you are familiar with public folders, it might solve your issues. Example, I use public folders to receiving billings for my utilities and assign permissions to groups that needs to action on it. Since it's a public folder, no mailbox needed. Sender will reflect the person replying to the message.

You might have to loosen your security settings for this to work. Example: Under Relay Control, disable "SMTP RCPT address must exist if it uses a local domain".

Hope this helps.