Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon API > API issue with autoresponder times

Jay Tolbert

Send email to altnnews@dei-pe.com

Which Alt-N products do you use?

MDaemon
RelayFax
SecurityPlus
WebAdmin

Most recent posts: Jay Tolbert

API issue with autoresponder times - 03:42pm Jun 14, 2021 CDT - It didn't like my image from WC.  The settings I have are:

check Enable autoresponder
check Only send during this time range:
 From 06/11/2021 11:00 AM
Until: 06/11/2021 11:42 AM

Jay Tolbert
Dickerson Engineering, Inc.

On 6/14/2021 3:40 PM, Jay Tolbert wrote:
> I believe I have uncovered a bug in the XML API or perhaps MDaemon/WC.
> I am running MD 21.0.2...

API issue with autoresponder times - 10:55am Jun 15, 2021 CDT - I believe I have uncovered a bug in the XML API or perhaps MDaemon/WC. I
am running MD 21.0.2. I have a program that uses the XML API to gather
the out of office [OOF] information to see which autoresponders are
currently active...

Migration to new server with fresh install - 11:30am Mar 12, 2020 CDT - Mailing lists and their settings are stored as .grp files in the form
list@domain.grp in the MDaemon\App directory.  Probably can just copy
them to your new server as is.

Jay Tolbert
Dickerson Engineering, Inc.

On 3/11/2020 10:14 AM, Dan Peek wrote:
> David, Thank you for the excellent instructions!..

Mdeamon SPF dns record - 09:20am May 28, 2019 CDT - See, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework for the basic
syntax

How you would add them to DNS would depend upon your DNS provider.

The general format is something like:  v=spf1 mx -all

v= defines the version of spf used (spf1 in this case)
mx means hosts listed in your MX records are valid senders
-all means everyone else isn't a valid sender

You only need to list the servers that can send mail to other domains
from your domain.  So a computer that only sends messages to MDaemon
which it then delivers them to the outside world doesn't need to be on
the list, only the MDaemon machine would need to be. If you use your ISP
or another party as smart host, you will need to have their IP addresses
on your lists.  There are provisions to include the policy of another
domain (include:example.com) in your spf record for that case.  When
making the record, also consider other independent processes that may
generate email from your domain...

mdeamon doesnt receive emails from wordpress website smtp - 10:35am Jan 29, 2019 CDT - I'd first see if the people that gave you the errors can tell you what
IP the rejection came from and verify that it isn't your IP. Then figure
out why the hostname they are using for SMTP sending isn't resolving  to
where you want it to go.  If it is your IP, the MDaemon logs should show
a transaction.

Jay Tolbert
Dickerson Engineering, Inc...

OK