Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > What is the semaphore file for reloading cfdelfiles.dat?

fabio vitale

Which Alt-N products do you use?

Most recent posts: fabio vitale

How to set max size limit for attachments? - 01:17pm May 2, 2019 CDT -

How to set max size limit for attachments?

--
Fabio Vitale

Envisioning s.r.l.
Via Asmara 72
00199 Roma
Tel. 06-8638.5070 06-8631.5304
mailto:fabio.vitale@envisioning.it

from this mailing list send an email to md-support-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com ...

Configurable plain Ruby email validator - 11:53pm May 1, 2019 CDT - Maybe this project can be useful for mail validation to someone here on the MD support list:
https://github.com/rubygarage/truemail
--
Inviato dal mio dispositivo Android con K-9 Mail. Perdonate la brevità.

How to configure MDaemon in order to send directly to Gmail? - 12:53pm Apr 20, 2019 CDT -

Yesterday one of my users tell me that when he send an email message to a GMail recipient, the message was never received from that GMail recipient.

So, suspecting something with our current MDaemon settings I temporarily changed the Server Settings, Delivery, Message Routing:
  • from: Send all outbound email directly to the recipient's mail server
  • to: Send all outbound email to a smart host (and configured Default smart host with [smtp.my_internet_provider.com])
Now all messages sended to GMail recipients are received.

Reading on MD-Support forums I suspect that I need to check and eventually fix some MD settings in order to send all outbound email directly to the recipient's mail server (GMail)

Can someone help me?

--
Fabio Vitale

Envisioning s.r.l.
Via Asmara 72
00199 Roma
Tel. 06-8638.5070 06-8631.5304
mailto:fabio.vitale@envisioning.it

from this mailing list send an email to md-support-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com ...

Unable to configure an Outlook IMAP account on iPhone - 07:53am Mar 22, 2019 CDT - Thank you Arron.

Il 22 marzo 2019 13:47:00 CET, "Arron Caruth (Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com)" <Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com> ha scritto:

I’d start with the IMAP log.  If you can’t find the connections there, I’d make sure the service is not using ActiveSync to retrieve data from MDaemon.  If you still have found anything that looks relevant, take a look at the screening, dynscrn, and system logs.

Director of Product Development
o: 817-601-3222    e: arron.caruth@mdaemon.com

From: "Arron Caruth (Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com)" <Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com>
To: md-support@mdaemon.com
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 12:26:00 -0500

You’ll need to check your MDaemon logs to see if you were getting an error.

Last I heard, Outlook for IPhones uses a third party server to actually connect to MDaemon.  Basically your phone connects to the third party service to get data, the third party service connects to MDaemon.  So if you can’t get IMAP setup using the service, I would guess that the third party service is getting an error when attempting to connect to MDaemon.

If you are using location screening, that might be causing it.  It could also be any number of other issues.  The logs should give some clues.

Director of Product Development
o: 817-601-3222    e: arron.caruth@mdaemon.com

I lost this morning trying to configure an Outlook IMAP account on iPhone.
Then I tried to configure iPhone Mail app with the very same settings and everything went fine.

I am on MDaemon 18.5.2, and tried several models of iPhones:
  • On none of them I was able to create an IMAP account.
  • On all of them I was able to configure an IMAP account in Mail App
What can be the cause that prevents me to setup an IMAP account in Outlook for iPhone?

P.S...

OK

You are visiting as a Guest user.