Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > What are the differences in term of features between MDaemon browser integrated IM and the ComAgent app?

fabio vitale

Which Alt-N products do you use?

Most recent posts: fabio vitale

How can I add the origin country code to the external mail CF Rule? - 09:54am May 13, 2022 CDT - Hi Arron
we use only MultiPOP as the only mechanism to retrieve our emails form
the email server of our ISP.

I apologize for having omitted the fact that we retrieve incoming
emails only through MultiPOP: I think this may be the cause of the
X-MDOrigin-Country header not being added, as I think is not possible
for MDaemon to infer the Origin Country when using MultiPOP.

I apologize again for the noise I have generated

On Fri, 13 May 2022 09:30:25 -0500
  "Arron Caruth" <Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com> wrote:
> In the inbound SMTP session, do you see a line logged like this:
>
>Fri 2022-05-13 09:16:12.081: [32450108] Location Screen says
>connection is
> from United States, North America
>
> If you go to Security / Security Manager / Screening / Location
>Screening
> and click Allow List, is the IP the connection is coming from in the
>allow
> list?..

How can I add the origin country code to the external mail CF Rule? - 08:54am May 13, 2022 CDT - The the option for "Add X-MDOrigin-Country header to
messages" is checked as it is checked the Enable Location Screening
checkbox. But no X-MDOrigin-Country header is added to messages coming
from external addresses hence no macro expansion for the
$HEADER:X-MDOrigin-Country$ macro.

If I open message source in webmail I cannot see any
 X-MDOrigin-Country header for messages coming from external
addresses...

How can I add the origin country code to the external mail CF Rule? - 10:10am May 13, 2022 CDT - How can I add the origin country code to the external mail CF Rule?

For example US, NA in the following warning message:

[EXTERNAL EMAIL] DO NOT CLICK links or attachments unless you
recognize the sender and know the content is safe. The message
originated from US, NA

I suppose there is a macro in MDaemon but I was unable to find it in
the help...

How to run a program from a CF Rule - 09:41am Feb 22, 2022 CDT - Hi Pierre, already tried as follow, and it does not function:

"C:\Ruby31-x64\bin\ruby.exe\ruby.exe" "c:\scripts\my_script.rb"
--parameter_1=1 --parameter_2=2 --parameter_3=3

On Tue, 22 Feb 2022 15:30:57 +0100
  "Pierre PIRAUX (mhc.be)" <ppiraux@mhc.be> wrote:
> Hello Fabio.
> Just my two cents: shouldn't you explicitely specify the absolute
>path of ruby.exe and of my_script.rb ?
>
> Le 22/02/22 à 15:08, Fabio VITALE a écrit :
>> I have a Ruby script that runs just fine when launched from the
>>windows command prompt but does not seems to be launched when invoked
>>from a CF Rule: I can see that the rule is fired but it seems that
>>the Ruby script is not launched (I do not know how to check while the
>>script is executed)...

How to run a program from a CF Rule - 10:28am Feb 24, 2022 CDT - I have a Ruby script that runs just fine when launched from the
windows command prompt but does not seems to be launched when invoked
from a CF Rule: I can see that the rule is fired but it seems that the
Ruby script is not launched (I do not know how to check while the
script is executed).

 From the command prompt I launch it as follow:

ruby my_script.rb --parameter_1=1 --parameter_2=2 --parameter_3=3

The MDaemon help is very sparse on how to setup a Run a program...
action...

OK

You are visiting as a Guest user.