Phillip Lynch

Which Alt-N products do you use?

Most recent posts: Phillip Lynch

MDaemon 19.5.3 x64: DNS server reports incorrect packet format - 02:41pm Jan 7, 2020 CDT -

Yes, thanks.

Can we assume that 15.5.3 enabled this setting as:
  • we didn't; and
  • according to the release notes, edns was added to the gui in 15.5.0 and that was the version from which we upgraded?

In any event, we've elected to replace the site DNS server to something over which we have more control.

From: Arron Caruth <Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com>
To: "md-configuration List Member" <md-configuration@mdaemon.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2020 07:18:00 -0600
Subject: [md-configuration] MDaemon 19.5.3 x64:  DNS server reports incorrect packet format

If you turn off the option to use EDNS, does it work?

You can find the option by going to Setup / Server Settings / DNS, uncheck the option for “Use EDNS0 (Extension mechanism for DNS).”

From: Arron Caruth <Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com>
To: "md-configuration List Member" <md-configuration@mdaemon.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 10:46:00 -0500
Subject: [md-configuration] LetsEncrypt: AlternateHostNames

There are a couple of issues with powershell command line that are causing issues for you.  The first is that without the –File parameter, powershell doesn’t like spaces in the path.

The second is that when you are passing multiple host names using the –AlternateHostNames parameter, you cannot use the –File parameter. If you are only passing a single altnernate host name, it works fine. I have not figured out why.

When passing multiple host names you’ll need to use something like the following which requires you to be in the C:\program files\mdaemon\letsencrypt\ directory in order for it to work.

C:\program files\mdaemon\letsencrypt> c:\windows\system32\Windowspowershell\v1.0\powershell.exe .\letsencrypt.ps1 "-alternatehostnames mail1.domain.com,mail2.domain.com"

Or something like this:

c:\windows\system32\Windowspowershell\v1.0\powershell.exe -Command "& 'c:\program files\MDaemon\LetsEncrypt\letsencrypt.ps1' -alternatehostnames mail1.domain.com,mail2.domain.com"

Unfortunately, this also means you won’t be able to use the UI in MDaemon to enable LetsEncrypt.  You will have to manually create a task in the Windows Task Scheduler or some other tool that can run the task on a schedule.

Director of Product Development
o: 817-601-3222    e: arron.caruth@mdaemon.com

From: Arron Caruth <Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com>
To: "md-configuration List Member" <md-configuration@mdaemon.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 07:30:00 -0500

Hi Phillip,

Yes we do it on our servers and it is configured using the UI available in MDaemon.

What version of MDaemon are you using?..

LetsEncrypt: AlternateHostNames - 09:56am Apr 26, 2019 CDT -

[...]

Haven't tried the MDaemon UI.

From: Arron Caruth <Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com>
To: "md-configuration List Member" <md-configuration@mdaemon.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 07:30:00 -0500

Hi Phillip,

Yes we do it on our servers and it is configured using the UI available in MDaemon.

What version of MDaemon are you using?

What is the command line you are using?

Are you using the MDaemon user interface?

What directory is MDaemon installed in?