Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > When updating MDaemon I get regsvr32 errors

When updating MDaemon I get regsvr32 errors

I have a windows 2008 r2 install that runs MDaemon, and has from way back. Since (I'm guessing) version 18 I get a regsvr32 error at the end of upgrades.

In the most recent update (19.0.3? to 19.5) I updated and was told to restart the server. Not wanting to I tried to start the service manually and got DLL errors (obvs).

Thoughts?

Attachments:

mdaemon error.JPG (22 KB)

mdaemon error 2.JPG (15 KB)

Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com - Nov 4, 2019 8:26 am (#1 Total: 4)

If the installer requests that you restart the server, you need to restart the server before starting MDaemon.  The best approach I can think of is to try to figure out why MDaemon is needing to restart.  Generally it is because there are files still in use while the installer is trying to over write them.

If you have webmail or remote administration running under IIS, you also need to stop the website and application pools associated with the sites.

You should also check task manager to see if any MDaemon processes are left running by the installer.

There is a utility you can use called “WhyReboot” that should tell us why a reboot is being requested.  This utility will likely tell you what file(s) are in use.  We will still need to figure out why they are in use.

I have a windows 2008 r2 install that runs MDaemon, and has from way back. Since (I'm guessing) version 18 I get a regsvr32 error at the end of upgrades.

In the most recent update (19.0.3? to 19.5) I updated and was told to restart the server. Not wanting to I tried to start the service manually and got DLL errors (obvs).

Thoughts?

View/reply at When updating MDaemon I get regsvr32 errors