Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > When updating MDaemon I get regsvr32 errors

When updating MDaemon I get regsvr32 errors

I have a windows 2008 r2 install that runs MDaemon, and has from way back. Since (I'm guessing) version 18 I get a regsvr32 error at the end of upgrades.

In the most recent update (19.0.3? to 19.5) I updated and was told to restart the server. Not wanting to I tried to start the service manually and got DLL errors (obvs).

Thoughts?

Attachments:

mdaemon error.JPG (22 KB)

mdaemon error 2.JPG (15 KB)

Jim Aguiar - Nov 20, 2019 2:54 pm (#2 Total: 4)

Photo of Author
Jim Aguiar
Excellent reminder to shut off IIS during the reinstall, something that I do forget to do, but this looks like it is a part of the install that is using a relative path of the user to try and register a dll instead of the system folder when trying to execute regsvr32. Check out the attached images.

Unless, of course, it is catching the failure to reg a dll and is trying other paths and one of them is the sysnat~1 but not checking that it isn't there first? It doesn't tell me what it is trying to register and seems to function.

Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com - Nov 20, 2019 3:36 pm (#3 Total: 4)

Hi Jim,

We are not using any relative paths to try to call regsvr32.exe.

Try running the installer as an administrator.

Visit us on
www.mdaemon.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube
Sent using the
MDaemon Email Server

Excellent reminder to shut off IIS during the reinstall, something that I do forget to do, but this looks like it is a part of the install that is using a relative path of the user to try and register a dll instead of the system folder when trying to execute regsvr32. Check out the attached images.

Unless, of course, it is catching the failure to reg a dll and is trying other paths and one of them is the sysnat~1 but not checking that it isn't there first? It doesn't tell me what it is trying to register and seems to function.

View/reply at When updating MDaemon I get regsvr32 errors