Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Migrator > Exchange Migration

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Migrator  /

Exchange Migration

[Owens, Bill]
Bill Owens
Bill Owens - 12:01pm, Mar 7 2021

Presales question:

If I want to migrate an entire exchange server the way to go seems to be the migration tool which specifies that the new server has to be connected to the domain (I assume this is so it can get user accounts and passwords). That's fine but at the end of the migration we'd want the server to be operating independently, without the AD server. My question is, once the migration is complete can the new mdaemon server be disjoined from the domain and operate independently ?

Bill Owens - Mar 9, 2021 8:00 pm (#2 Total: 8)

Photo of Author
Bill Owens
Following up on an email I sent you earlier.

I’m working on doing a mass import test from an exchange 2016 server. (same one as earlier).

I’ve attached the Mdaemon server to the domain and logged in as the domain administrator.
I created a new account on the exchange server (service1) and ran this command, Add-ADPermission -identity 'mailbox database' -user 'service1' -ExtendedRights Receive-As against all three databases.
I’ve setup office 2019 64 bit and created an outlook profile for service1 successfully.
I run the MDMigrator and select the profile with the service1 user.
I get this error message “The selected Exchange profile is not properly configured. Please select a valid exchange profile”

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Arron Caruth - Mar 10, 2021 8:40 am (#3 Total: 8)

When running the Add-ADPermission command did you replace ‘mailbox database’ with the DN or the actual name of the mailbox databases?

Is Outlook able to access all mailboxes in the mailbox store when its connecting as the service1 account?

Following up on an email I sent you earlier.

I’m working on doing a mass import test from an exchange 2016 server. (same one as earlier).

I’ve attached the Mdaemon server to the domain and logged in as the domain administrator.
I created a new account on the exchange server (service1) and ran this command, Add-ADPermission -identity 'mailbox database' -user 'service1' -ExtendedRights Receive-As against all three databases.
I’ve setup office 2019 64 bit and created an outlook profile for service1 successfully.
I run the MDMigrator and select the profile with the service1 user.
I get this error message “The selected Exchange profile is not properly configured. Please select a valid exchange profile”

Thanks in advance,

Bill

View/reply at Exchange Migration

This mailing list is for questions and discussion of problems encountered
with the MD Migrator program.  To unsubscribe from this mailing list
send an email to md-migrator-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .

  (newer msg:5)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items