Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > Discussions > After Migration no connection on outlook via port 25

After Migration no connection on outlook via port 25

[Karpas, Andrius]
Andrius Karpas
Andrius Karpas - 11:49am, Nov 6 2021

The error I'm getting is then outgoing mail goes via 143 and 25 no SSL "Send test email message: None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server." This happened after migration to a new server. No settings are changed, firewall opened whats war requested, router firewall nothing changed as the same IP. HELP where to start looking for problems? I am forced to use 465 with SSL. I need it to work on 25 no SSL for some old crap services.

Andrius Karpas - Nov 8, 2021 5:58 pm (#2 Total: 6)

Photo of Author
Andrius Karpas
Replying to: Jay Tolbert (Nov 8, 2021 5:21 pm)
First, look at the Mail -> SMTP(in) screen in the configuration session (GUI application).  See what the log shows...

Hello Jay, first of all, thank you for the reply and advice!
I have checked SMTP in log and it has loads of entries as you have provided:--> 250-AUTH LOGIN CRAM-MD5 PLAIN
next: "Do not allow authentication on the SMTP port": is not checked.
next: location screening is enabled but "SMTP connections are accepted but authentication is blocked": is not checked.
next: "Allow plain text passwords": is checked.

Jay Tolbert - Nov 9, 2021 4:43 pm (#3 Total: 6)

Photo of Author
Jay Tolbert
Guru
Guru

RelayFax
SecurityPlus
WebAdmin
If you are getting that AUTH line, I would think older hardware should
be able to authenticate.

If you get If you can find one, can you post up the SMTP transaction for
one of the failures?

This wikipedia article
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMTP_Authentication) has a list of some
of the authentication options.  If it is older equipment you are
connecting from I would expect it to use PLAIN or LOGIN for the
authentication.  Do you know what authentication methods the 'old crap
services' can use?

Jay Tolbert
Dickerson Engineering, Inc.

On 11/8/2021 4:58 PM, Andrius Karpas wrote:
> Hello Jay, first of all, thank you for the reply and advice!
> I have checked SMTP in log and it has loads of entries as you have
> provided:--> 250-AUTH LOGIN CRAM-MD5 PLAIN
> next: "Do not allow authentication on the SMTP port": is not checked.
> next: location screening is enabled but "SMTP connections are accepted
> but authentication is blocked": is not checked.
> next: "Allow plain text passwords": is checked.

Replies to this message
  • Andrius Karpas (Nov 15, 2021 8:09 am)

  • Andrius Karpas - Nov 15, 2021 8:09 am (#4 Total: 6)

    Photo of Author
    Andrius Karpas
    Replying to: Jay Tolbert (Nov 9, 2021 4:43 pm)
    If you are getting that AUTH line, I would think older hardware should be able to authenticate. If you...

    Looks like it settled down and its only new outlook app is not able to connect via port 25. Thich is weird anyway.

    Arron Caruth - Nov 8, 2021 8:27 am (#5 Total: 6)

    What does the inbound SMTP log from MDaemon show is happening?

    What version of MDaemon are you using?

    On Sat, 6 Nov 2021 11:49:08 -0500, "lists-discuss@mdaemon.com (Andrius Karpas)" <lists-discuss@mdaemon.com> wrote:
    The error I'm getting is outgoing mail goes via 143 and 25 no SSL Send test email message: None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server. This happened after migration to a new server. No settings are changed, firewall opened whats war requested, router firewall nothing changed as the same IP. HELP where to start looking for problems?

    View/reply at After Migration no connection on outlook via port 25
    discuss-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .

    Replies to this message
  • Andrius Karpas (Nov 23, 2021 6:47 am)

  •   (newer msg:1)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items